Thread: Bench Slingshot
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 09:57 AM   #17
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspers04 View Post
Hmmm, striking my curiosity. Is it similar to board pressing and is it an actually useful tool or a gimmick?
It's not a gimmick. I don't know if it helps strength much but all reviews state that it really helps the shoulders, which I need right now. I can't train over 70% very frequently anymore without picking up minor shoulder strains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslep View Post
i know two guys in my gym that have these and about 5 others that borrow from those two. seems to really hold you to form so preventing injury is a major plus with it.
Perfect. Thanks for the info hombre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurik View Post
My understanding is that it is a tool -- it lets you get used to locking out heavier weights than you could otherwise, helps protect your shoulders, and helps reinforce the groove.

I wouldn't expect it to be a miracle "increase your bench by 100lbs in a month" gadget, but I can certainly see how either the Slingshot or the Ram could be effectively incorporated into a program.
Ryano stated to me that benching in a shirt really helps his shoulders. I honestly wasn't aware of that before this week. So it got me thinking...

I think for anyone that trains alone and can't train/get in a shirt this might be a great second choice sot save some shoulder wear and tear.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 07-02-2011 at 10:02 AM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote