View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 09:54 PM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Stuart McRobert Quote on Progression and Hard Work

Stuart McRobert Quote on Progression and Hard Work

--pg 191, Brawn, 3rd Edition

"Don't spend inordinate amounts of time studying the maybes of training while neglecting to put in real effort in the gym. Some bodybuilders are walking encyclopedias of information, but never drive themselves hard in the gym. Better that you're ignorant of all the maybes of training, but focus on delivering the real goods where they matter -- in the gym. Priorities!"

------------------------------------------------------

This quote pretty much sums up my life and focus on progression. I wasn't a book reader. After all the Weider mags, I started to avoid books.

All the bull aside, an intense focus on progression on every set is all that matters. It can overcome more then we give it credit for.

All the success I've ever achieved in this sport is summed up in this quote. My success wasn't from dieting, or supplements, or training splits. My success was from the relentless pursuit of progression through hangovers, pain, soreness, lack of motivation, and everything in between.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links