Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
What's the craziest piece of bad advice you've ever received, and possibly used?
That is a very tough question, but I think it actually came from a very credible source. This came from the athletic training facility and I will never figure this out.

The main coach there, who played Division 1 baseball, was drafted and studied athletic training. Very knowledgeable guy told us to:

"never lift a weight off the floor"

This did not sound bad to me at the time being a full blown novice, but now that I think about it, it is just crazy talk. While there we never did deadlifts, only performed hang cleans no power cleans. And did Romanian deadlifts where the weight started on blocks. Although we did squat a lot and they taught me how to front squat there, so I did learn a lot.