View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 06:45 PM   #7
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post

A (Charles Glass): I think he’s in error. It sounds like a gimmick for someone with something to sell. Muscles are not interconnected; otherwise if you moved a finger, you’d “feel” it in your toe…

This answer by Mr. Glass, IMO, is just ignorant. For a person who is supposed to be a top notch trainer of champions to make that statement, calls into question his credentials. Of course muscles are not interconnected, throughout the whole body. Nobody is saying that they are. That is not what wholebody training programs teach as a basis of how they work. Another answer may be that he truley does not understand the process of wholebody training. It is my opinion that wholebody training is a complex specialty that most people don't understand.

I'll actually agree with Charles Glass—a pro bodybuilder or a top ranked amateur shouldn't do a full body workout or even an upper-lower split.

I'll disagree with this statement. Many top level bodybuilders throughout history have used wholebody training. Dave Goodin, uses wholebody training during several months of the year to keep his mass to it's highest level. He does use splits for refining purposes as he comes into competition season. In fact this was also how it was done, during the Golden Age. The period of time utilized for the splits was typically shorter though, as compared to today.

But that wasn't what my article in Men’s Health was about. I wrote about training for the average person who wants to get bigger, stronger, and leaner. My point regarding “splits” has ALWAYS been that the 80–90 percent of the people going to a public gym should do full body workouts or upper-lower splits 80–90 percent of the time.

I fully agree with this statement.
I read all the time about how times have changed, and how we must move forward with a more scientific approach to training. That the modern split system is the way bodybuilding should be done. Quite frankly, thats a load a manure.

The modern split was pushed heavily by Joe Weider in his attempt to sell more magazines, when he was having a publishing war with Bob Hoffman of York. This has all been addresed already in several other threads here and on many other forums.

Joseph Goebbels said,

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote