Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Knapp View Post
What people don't realize is, we have always worked all 3 type. They just give them a fancy name now.
I don't think anyone here can be thought of as "not realizing that". In fact the insinuation is quite the opposite.

Both myself and Spartigus have made the point that although we are aware of these varying types of *hypertrophy* that it is of little relevance to the practicalities of working out. I know Steve has a background in these fields as well and from his post he feels the same.

The original post asked if there is a reason to worry about fiber types and I still contend that there is not, because knowing *why* is irrelevant to knowing *what* to do in the gym.

I really don't mean to be argumentative but I have to speak up when people are being labelled as ignorant of these issues just because they choose not to let it affect the practicalities of what we know through experience works.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote