View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 01:32 PM   #1198
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Thats a good idea. My bench started to move again when I focused on OHP for a while, mainly heavy low rep seated MP's both free and off pins but also PP's.
Yeah I'm gonna mix it up but keep the rep's high for the timebeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl1174 View Post
Its good to see you OH Pressing again big guy. I think DB's are a solid choice as it allows for more movement and its less likely to put strain on the shoulder. Any particular reason why you will be doing them standing rather than seated ??

Carl.
I actually prefer standing as I feel it's a more natural movement but I'm not as strong seated so I made it difficult to stop me lifting enough to do any damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
That's some intensely fine work Big Al I bench with my head as far up the bench as it can go - right up snug against the knee pads of my lat tower attachment. I think you be fine with the OHP as you used to be so good at push pressing during the 531 days

Any day now for Mini Al-ette How exciting
Yeah I love push presses it's just now that I use them as an assistance exercise, the constant cushioning of the bar at the bottom hurts my shoulder. I also want to keep it dumbell for a while but I will definitely be using some leg drive on the standing ones next week.

LtL
LtL is online now   Reply With Quote