View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 05:09 PM   #16
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

I was thinking, as I was driving to the grocery store about this. Especially the part about labels. Being labled a bodybuilder, or powerlifter, or Olympic lifter.

I lift to get strong. I lift to achieve an aesthetic goal. I lift using Olympic lift movements. What am I? I'm not hung up on labels, but for the most part I would say I'm a Classic style natural bodybuilder. I think it just helps other people to understand what we are trying to achieve if they can form a mental picture of the product we are trying to build.

I think it speaks a lot to the mindset of the person who says you can't call yourself a BB, or powrlifter, or whatever until you fit into somebody elses criteria.

I have a pilots license. I have never flown a 747, or an aircraft that most people consider to be a big airplane. Regardless, I am a pilot! The cliques can keep there elitest attitudes. If you tell me your a bodybuilder, then regardless of what you look like now, I know where your heading. The same can be said for Powerlifters, or Olympic lifters.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote