Fat, Pale, Weak
Max Brawn
Points: 3,277, Level: 35 Points: 3,277, Level: 35 Points: 3,277, Level: 35
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Beer
austin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
I like the way you split things, except I am not sure about deadlifting the day before strongman events. Most of the events are really taxing on your core, and involve picking something up off the ground. Such as stones, farmers, cleans. A lot of strongman stuff using a lot of lower back strenth.

The guys that I have trained strongman with before, do squats and deads towards the middle of the week. This way your legs are recovered for your strongman workout and also your legs will recover before your squat workout.

By the way guys, I am looking into buying a strongman log or getting it for my birthday.
I dont really have problem with deads and then strongman the next day. I notice a little fatigue in stone loading, but I feel that help simulate a comp pretty good. You arent ever going to do stones at a comp when fresh.
austin.j.taylor is offline   Reply With Quote