Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn
Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 8 years off and on
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Shadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributor

Sounds like an odd one. Looking from the outside in, it sounds like either your hammies are over worked at the moment, or lack of proper warm up; but you already stated that you take your time warming up.

- Does this seem to be a reoccuring then when you begin ramping up the intensity of your sessions?
- Does taking time off seem to be a remedy?

I'm not a huge fan of heavy hamstring curls, or hamstring curls in general. I personally don't have access to these currently, but GHR is an excellent exercise, and if your program will allow SLDL. The only issue with heavy RDLs/SLDLs is that it can interfere with recovery if you deadlift regularly, which I'm sure you do. The DLs don't even need to be overly heavy, because there main focus will be directly on the hamstring which should result in a greater tension than they're used to.

Your well educated big guy, so your guess is as good as mine. Only thing I can really say is to try taking some time off, drop hamstring curls and walk 10-15 minutes before you begin squatting.

Last edited by Shadowschmadow; 06-23-2011 at 10:57 AM.
Shadowschmadow is offline   Reply With Quote