View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 10:21 AM   #22
Creechur
Uber Brawn

Training Exp: 3 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Sweat
Creechur is a consistent contributorCreechur is a consistent contributorCreechur is a consistent contributorCreechur is a consistent contributorCreechur is a consistent contributorCreechur is a consistent contributorCreechur is a consistent contributorCreechur is a consistent contributorCreechur is a consistent contributorCreechur is a consistent contributorCreechur is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurik View Post
The Wheel of Time is the epitome of epic fantasy. It is very well-written and detailed.. but unfortunately you have to slog through some really slow parts to get to the good stuff.

The first 5 books or so are very riveting. Unfortunately somewhere around book 8 or 9 he seems to lose his way and meander aimlessly, adding new plot threads without tying up any. Books 12 and 13 (co-written with Brandon Sanderson, after Robert Jordan passed) are phenomenal. Book 12 I read non-stop in one sitting, stopping only for bio breaks. It was that good.

The final book is due to be released next spring/summer. I've been waiting for 10+ years to hear how this tale ends, and I'm now chomping at the bit to find out.
Wewt I completely agree. The first five books I read in about 4 days apiece...whilst taking an 18 hour course load . 6 & 7 were just a little step down and they each took about a week. I have honestly been trying to chug through 8 for about a month, it just seems like absolutely nothing is happening haha. I will get it done though. Everyone is saying that the guy writing the Kingkiller Chronicles (Patrick Rothfuss) is supposed to be a big deal - The Name of the Wind is the name of the first one.

As far as a Kindle goes - I'd rather have my good ol' books but I can see where they would come in handy.
Creechur is online now   Reply With Quote