View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 10:21 AM   #22
Creechur
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,725, Level: 38 Points: 3,725, Level: 38 Points: 3,725, Level: 38
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Battle With Vader Champion! Ball Bounce Champion!
Training Exp: 3 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Sweat
Creechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurik View Post
The Wheel of Time is the epitome of epic fantasy. It is very well-written and detailed.. but unfortunately you have to slog through some really slow parts to get to the good stuff.

The first 5 books or so are very riveting. Unfortunately somewhere around book 8 or 9 he seems to lose his way and meander aimlessly, adding new plot threads without tying up any. Books 12 and 13 (co-written with Brandon Sanderson, after Robert Jordan passed) are phenomenal. Book 12 I read non-stop in one sitting, stopping only for bio breaks. It was that good.

The final book is due to be released next spring/summer. I've been waiting for 10+ years to hear how this tale ends, and I'm now chomping at the bit to find out.
Wewt I completely agree. The first five books I read in about 4 days apiece...whilst taking an 18 hour course load . 6 & 7 were just a little step down and they each took about a week. I have honestly been trying to chug through 8 for about a month, it just seems like absolutely nothing is happening haha. I will get it done though. Everyone is saying that the guy writing the Kingkiller Chronicles (Patrick Rothfuss) is supposed to be a big deal - The Name of the Wind is the name of the first one.

As far as a Kindle goes - I'd rather have my good ol' books but I can see where they would come in handy.
Creechur is offline   Reply With Quote