View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 01:09 PM   #11
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I see it on forums every day...young lifters getting crammed into little worry boxes where they obsess with every gram they eat by experienced lifters. There is some kind of power trip aspect to all this.

Yes there is.

On another Bodybuilding.com forum, the attitude of several of the experienced people is that, anything less than total slavery does not equate to being a bodybuilder.

Unless you are a total lifestyle slave, you have no right to call yourself a bodybuilder. Then there is also the mindset of, you must have competed at least once, to call yourself a bodybuilder. Then there is the mindset of, your not a bodybuilder till somebody else calls you a body builder.

I'm building my body. I'm a bodybuilder, I'm just not finished yet. Furthermore, I will not let anybody elses negative attitude affect how I feel. That does not mean I'm not critical and realistic about where I'm at.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links