View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 12:54 AM   #35
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Quote:
Brutality
Although I acquired most of my injuries before I arrived at Westside, there was no room there for being hurt. We created an environment of 100% balls out, all the time. No deloads, no easy days, no quit. If it hurts, wrap it. If it's heavy, **** you, pull harder.

I can't blame Louie for this. I couldn't count the number of times he told me to back it down, only to see me add another 40 pounds and blow my nut sack off.

We never gave each other a free pass, especially on Max Effort lower body day. We never knew what movement we'd be doing, but always knew the goal to strain.

We'd start at 8:30 A.M. If you were late and Louie still allowed you to lift, you jumped in at whatever the weight was. If 405 was too heavy to open with, **** you. Next time, don't be late.

For that reason we'd always get there early, arriving at about 8 to eat McDonalds and drink coffee. During that time, we'd ask one another what lift we wanted to train that day. No one would agree on anything, until finally someone would roll in limping and say something like, "I don't care what the hell we do, as long as it's not low box squats. That would kill me today."

There. It was decided. Today we'll do low box squats.

We were lifters first. We trained Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday morning. Always. No exceptions. If you had a meet on Saturday, you lifted Monday, just maybe a bit lighter. Christmas, Easter or Thanksgiving didn't matter. If it was one of those days, you trained. And you strained.
--Dave Tate

T NATION | Iron Evolution: Phase 4