Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Good luck to you! Just remember to drop the ego at the gym door. By that I mean don't jump right in with your current weights and attempt 20 reps. Don't even come anywhere near it for starters. Build up to it. Start on the light side, and let the momentum build. If you start too heavy, you will stall, which will lead to frustration, which will make you hate the program, which will make you dis it on the internet. If that happens, I will come and slap you upside the head with a baseball bat.

I see your current squat is 3x5x165. 165 x 20 might be a reasonable goal for your first run on the program. I am not kidding, and I am not trying to insult you. If you even start with an empty bar and squat three times a week, you will reach 165 in only eight weeks. But by starting light and being patient you will solidify your form, increase your confidence, and build up a boatload of momentum, so much so that you will likely be able to push beyond your goal. It is all about sustaining progress.

As for the rest of your workout plan, I see you've got one upper body push and one upper body pull each workout. Very good. Similar to what I ran. As you get deep into the run though, maybe consider dropping the volume on those exercises too. Other than that, eat like a horse and sleep like a dog and you should be in good shape.

I can't wait for your journal. I think I've said this before, this is gonna be fun.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote