Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member
Default Not directly directing this to you MMA Max ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA Max View Post
everything has merit and everything can work but saying one form of training is top notch and another is lame is in itself lame.
AGREED
I am sure those lean crossfitters who dead lift 500lbs like nothing and Power clean 255 for reps are looking at most power lifters who out weight them by 100+ lbs and say damn their weak for their size and fat to boot, their health must suck or they could be stunned beyond words at ones success at lifting..who knows.

Possibly but they would be lying to themselves because no male beginner starts off with cross fit and is able to get that strong. Most of the strong cross fitters online did lw strongman competitions, were gym rats or were another type of intermediate lifter before they went into cross fit.Just making the side crap I am writing clear that its not the movements of cross fit that are wrong or stupid as much as the ideas and philosophy that is limiting and counter-productive to overall success and achievement.

Whatever gets you to your goals, Improves your health and makes you a accomplished person inside and out is nothing but awesome but there are a few people on here who do crossfit type of work and I am sure trashing their style is a page out of Bodybuilding.com books and we are not BB.com, are we??

I agree here
Not directly directing this to you MMA Max just trying to clarify the motive of my opinion so on lookers will understand why I am saying what I am saying and which context I am taking on the issue itself.

Just an extra addition, cross fit training is fine in my book if it is 1-3 days out of the week paired with other training for a certain goal. Cross-fit competitions in my book though are stupid and have no real set goal. Cardio is not a challenge its an obstacle, and anything that helps you live longer can't really be called competitive now, can it? hahaha

Last edited by Bodybygamma; 06-11-2011 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Forgot to add about training & competition
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote