View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 09:50 AM   #10
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

It seems like so long ago that lifting involved health, and was more holistic.

Nowadays, if you do anything for pure enjoyment, or maybe "just" for health, and it doesn't come from the standard OCD muscle/strength building dogma, someone invariably blows a gasket and calls you an idiot.

This turns every minor issue for a recreational lifter into a life or death situation.

Argh! You can't do whatever, whatever...you will lose 0.12452389664568906879% of your gains!!!!!!!!! Death is imminent!

In college I played basketball for about an hour after every workout and still made insane gains. I never followed PCF ratios and made insane gains. Heck, the several times I cut I didn't even do cardio.

I am no bodybuilder, for sure. But I do know that you don't need to park your car in the OCD garage to succeed.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote