View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 11:31 AM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wlfdg View Post
It is kind of strange how aggressive people get over training dogma?
HIIT has it's place in fat loss and conditioning for sure.
LIT, I feel, is important for recovery. That is what I feel my dog walks are all about. For me at least.
Good post.

Personally, HIIT beats the snot out of my body, and I don't like to overuse it. Younger lifters will obviously handle it better than me. I handled it well at 18.

At my age though I prefer LIT just because it doesn't beat me up.

I think one of the main problems with this issue is that we have 5% contest shredded bodybuilders trying to recommend their methods on to the 99% who just want to lose the gut, moobs, or simply hit 12-15% bodyfat.

I am not discounting the fact that these uber-ripped lifters know how to get crazy ripped. Not at all. My point is that for average schmoes I don't think it particularly matters.

My opinion is always to use a form of cardio you enjoy. This isn't life or death. Have fun for God's sake. Don't punish yourself, or beat the crap out of your body just because you might be able to burn 3.23534453645634% more fat per hour.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 06-08-2011 at 11:37 AM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote