View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 06:43 PM   #16
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
I've never tried for a 1 rep all out max effort before.

So, how would you go about doing that? Pyramid up? If so, at what weight would you start after warming up, 70%, 80% for how many reps? Or just have at it and keep hitting singles until you burst? 5 min rest in between?

How would you prepare for it? Just do it like a contest all three in one day over a few hours, and see what happens, or maybe space out max efforts once a week for each lift?

This has me curious. I want to join this club sometime soon, and I'm sure I will, but I also wonder if I should be finding my baseline 1 rep max for the big three so that I know how my training is going, what is working, not working, etc.
Hi Mike,

I wrote this article a while back that provides some general guidelines.

How To Test Your Bench Press One Rep Max - Primal Lifter

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote