View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 05:58 PM   #35
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

I borrowed a little info from one of the interviews of Dr. Casey Butt.

Muscle and Strength: I want to start off by introducing you to those in the natural bodybuilding community who are unaware of your work and research. Can you please tell us a bit about your personal story, background and your research?

Casey Butt:
I've been training for roughly 20 years - a little longer if you count my younger years when I just fooled around with the weights. During that time I've trained and corresponded with national and world caliber bodybuilders, powerlifters and Olympic weightlifters (some drug-using, some not), and been involved in all three sports on a casual basis, although competition has never been my motivation. Academically, I have degrees in physics with an applied math minor, pure math with a biochemistry minor, electrical engineering, Masters in mechanical engineering and a Ph.D. in controls engineering. I've written for MILO and Hardgainer magazines as well as websites and training certification organizations. I no longer personally train "clients" as I simply don't have the time, and never felt entirely comfortable charging people for one-on-one training knowledge anyway. In the late 1990s I started the WeighTrainer website to help spread real training and nutrition knowledge free of bias and without ulterior motives. For a time I published a magazine under the same name.

glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote