MC
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn
Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl1174 View Post
Not really, if your arms are very long and you are particularly small boned then you are a lean, rangey individual, who would normally have to work hard to pack on the muscle anyway.

Thing is if you are 5'6" and have 16" arms your arms are gonna be fairly short and will look a lot bigger than someone who is 6'2" and has 16" arms that are fairly long, even though they both measure the same it is a lot to do with perspective.

Im 5'6" and have 15.5-16" arms, but get told they look big (even though i think they are small), if I were 6'+ with the same arm size, I doubt anyone would mention them.

Carl.
These are really excellent points, Carl. Height (read: length of limbs) will play a significant role in how large a muscle appears to be. Leaness and fit of clothing is another factor.

You are spot on. At 6'2", it seems to take a lot more for my arms to look as big as some of my shorter friends with similar measurements. Same for quads and calves it, seems.

But don't underestimate a 16" arm at 6+ feet. You'd be amazed how many people have arm measurements well under 15". It can make you look bigger by default and comparison.