View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 07:41 AM   #23
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
At the same time, a failure to recognize that there are genetic limitations can lead people to do some very silly things in terms of their training or diet.
^ This is a topic I have addressed in the past.

A failure to understand potential leads lifters into this mindset that gains have stalled, and generally takes them down a road where they train with heavy volume to "break the stall". They might also over bulk to try and break the stall. I know...I tried...in 1997. I went from 220 to 270 body weight trying to break the stalls. I was also volume training to break the stalls.

I hit walls. I bulked like mad to overcome them. The result? Nothing.

As some point when you get close to natural potential there is a limited ROI. This is why I advocate aggressive eating as a beginner and cleaner bulks the more muscle you have. Also, it provides a good reason not to kill yourself with the iron once you have made great gains. (By "kill yourself" I mean 2+ hours of volume training, or 6 day splits to "re-ignite" gains.)

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote