View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 06:49 AM   #20
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFiveFive View Post
Too many things play a part in genetic potential. Am I saying a natural bodybuilder can get 250-300+ lbs stage weight? No, but there is a huge difference in the appearance of the weight we come in at. Not only in those first 4 years (14-18) did he gain stupid amounts of mass, it didn't stop there, kids still growing, at a rapid rate as well. Now he's 23 and entering the prime of his manhood, you don't think he's going to gain more? I bet he does.

I bet he gains little. No disrespect meant.

Kyle you need to study the research a bit more. The research by Casey Butt was on the genetic freaks - 300 champions - of the last 60 years.

Sure Josh might gain a few pounds. He's not at his potential yet (that I know of). But no one's going to exceed the best naturals in the history of the sport by 10-20 pounds because of "genetics." The top level genetic potential numbers are the genetic freaks.

Set aside these charts and study natural potential....

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/rea...surements.html

Kyle I respect you, but you are putting down serious and extensive research that actually is helping people form realistic goals on natural lifting, all because you don't want it to be true. Casey Butt is far from the only man on this planet that has studied natural potential. And they have all arrived at about the same numbers.

No one will beat these 300 natural champions by 10-20 pounds or more of muscle. This is an insult to these champions, and to the natural realm in general. These champions were genetic elites, and trained with amazing intensity.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 06-07-2011 at 08:02 AM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote