View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 07:45 PM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFiveFive View Post
This thread = not predictable.

...Close, but not even close, genetics are one hell of a thing.
To say they "aren't even close" is a bit baffling to me. I respect that you want to get as big as you can, and out gain these curves, but you have to view their validity through the lens of natural champions.

You can't, and won't continue to make 10 pound gains each year. In fact, with where you are at you'll be hard pressed to hit 5 pounds in a year. The more you gain out of the gate, the slower the rate becomes year in and out.

Keep in mind Kyle that I was as big as you after 18 months, and I gained maybe 3-4 pounds of muscle in 20 years after that. I think these guidelines are dead nuts, when considered as averages. I don't base this on myself, but also all the natural champions I meet and talk with on a daily basis.

These are averages and guidelines. They are not rules that can't be exceeded. But if they are exceeded, gains slow that much more in the future.

I exceeded my rate slightly the first 2 years. My gains slowed dramatically in the 2 years after.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 06-05-2011 at 08:36 PM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote