View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
Creechur
Uber Brawn

Training Exp: 3 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Sweat
Creechur is a consistent contributorCreechur is a consistent contributorCreechur is a consistent contributorCreechur is a consistent contributorCreechur is a consistent contributorCreechur is a consistent contributorCreechur is a consistent contributorCreechur is a consistent contributorCreechur is a consistent contributorCreechur is a consistent contributorCreechur is a consistent contributor
Default Creechur's Strength Training

Hello all, I'm new to these forums but have been a member at Muscle and Strength for 4 months now and I found this site on accident whilst googling for the other one. I've crept around here for a little while and put up my introduction. I feel like this site is much more orientated to my goals (though I'll still keep a log on the other) because EVERYONE around here seems lift heavy and love it. Just to restate what I said in my introduction: I'm 20, 5'7", 220, and my name is Cade.

Training Summary: 8 weeks of BtB's programs on M&S, and now 9 weeks of 5/3/1. This is actually 3 complete cycles for me - I decided not to do deloads. So I just finished up my third cycle yesterday and I'm hoping to compete in a super small powerlifting competition in August. I honestly know nothing about the sport other than how to do the lifts (somewhat) and that I need to lift heavy.

Saturday's Workout:

Cycle 3, Week 3, Day 3&4

Due to some circumstances, I couldn't get to the gym yesterday and I was not going to miss shoulder day again .

Squat
135x5
225x5
345x5
365x3
380x7 PB feels wonderful to squat again

Standing Military Press
Bar x lots
140x5
160x3
170x6 PB

Seated Leg Curl
Stack x 10
Stack x 10
Stack x 10

Seated Calf Raise
2 Plates x 8
2 Plates x 8
2 Plates x 8

Seated Arnolds ss chin-ups
70's x 8.....bw x 3
70's x 6.....bw x 3
70's x 6.....bw x 3

DEEP Decline Situps ss back hyperextension
Bw+10 x 8.....bw x 8
Bw+10 x 8.....bw x 8

Gym closed . Super pleased with everything today. Squats felt good, hip was tight but I took some ibuprofen before hand and I was OK. Still doing ice and heat treatment daily. Didn't know how shoulders were going to feel after those squats because I was SMOKED. Going into next cycle strong, will be doing Anello deadlift cycle on my deadlift days, starting Monday. As of now it seems that I might be competing in a small local powerlifting show on August, but nothing is final yet. Have a great weekend everyone .

I am substituting in a deadlift cycle because I can't do high rep deadlifts as they cause me super duper headaches. Since I feel those money sets are what drive progress in this program, I'm gonna lay off them and start Anello :-). I hope to learn a lot here and help anywhere I can!
Creechur is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links