View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 12:33 PM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Both sides of the fence...

I am a small-boned lifter and didn't periodize until last year. My wrists are 6.4 inches. I achieved a 500 raw squat, 585 raw deadlift, 430 raw bench, 275 strict overhead press, 315 strict barbell rows for reps, etc., before periodization came on to my radar. In fact, I believe my current need to periodize is due more to age and recovery than anything else.

So, my life has modeled Christy. Now for the other side...

You certainly won't have any issues whatsoever training Casey Butt HLM style as long as progression is in the mix. In fact, it's probably better from a longevity standpoint.

Now, my opinion....start basic and evolve your training based on YOUR needs and body feedback. Every successful lifter I know stresses this point.

Equip yourself with options, train to fit your personality, enjoy your training, and be ready to evolve your training. If you have the goal to get as big and strong as possible, be aggressive until your body tells you to slow.

I am no easy gainer. I never had rules. I trained and listened to my body. I have never had an injury that took me away from training, and I have exceeded my goals by leaps and bounds.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote