Real Results 4 Day Upper Lower Split Workout
This 4 day upper, lower split could be considered a powerbuilding program. It allows you to build strength and muscle, and is perfect for the lifter who is not competing right now, but may want to get involved with bodybuilding or powerlifting in the future.
While upper, lower splits are very common in the powerlifting realm, they are rarely utilized in modern split-driven bodybuilding. Do not shy away from this program for that reason. It is structured to assist a natural lifter in building maximum muscle, while adding as much strength as possible.
Workouts structure is as follows:
- Monday – Chest, Back, Shoulders and Arms.
- Tuesday – Legs, Abs, Posterior Chain (Glutes, Traps, Lower Back, etc.)
- Thursday – Chest, Back, Shoulders and Arms.
- Friday – Legs, Abs, Posterior Chain (Glutes, Traps, Lower Back, etc.)
You can also frame this workout approach based on the 4 major lifts, bench press, overhead press, squats and deadlifts:
- Monday – Bench Press and Overhead Press.
- Tuesday – Squats and Deadlifts.
- Thursday – Bench Press and Overhead Press.
- Friday – Squats and Deadlifts.
- Bench Press 5 x 5
- Pull Ups 3 x 10
- Seated Overhead Press 5 x 5
- Barbell Curls 3 x 10
- Dips 3 x 10
- Squats 5 x 5
- Deadlifts 3 x 5
- Weighted Sit Ups 3 x 10-25
- Calf Raise 3 x 10-20
- *Leg Curl 3 x 10-15 (Optional)
- Dumbbell Bench Press 3 x 10
- Barbell or Dumbbell Rows 3 x 10
- Close Grip Bench Press 4 x 5
- Seated One or Two Arm Dumbbell Press 3 x 10
- Dumbbell Curls 3 x 10
- Squats 4×8
- Romanian Deadlifts 4 x 10
- Planks 3 x 60 seconds
- Calf Raise 3 x 10
- *Leg Extensions 3 x 10-15 (Optional)