Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

I would recommend that when you begin you don't treat the legs any different and give them the same amount of volume as you would the rest of the body. For a complete beginner 9 sets of squats per week followed by 9 sets of either PC's, GM's or DL would not be unreasonable.

Once you've been training a while you can get a feel for how much volume you need/can cope with. Use that as a guideline. However this requires prior experience of 6-12 months+ to really be in a position to answer that question properly.

This is where you will see individual variation in Full Body Routines. My own FBR was a progression from a bare-bones basic 3 times a week approach to now: http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/ful...tml#post141495

I have tailored that approach to what I can realistically handle for each bodypart. That varies for each bodypart, it's all about getting to know what you're capable of and what you best respond to.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Fazc; 06-04-2011 at 03:12 AM. Reason: Grammar
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote