Perservere
Max Brawn
Points: 6,485, Level: 52 Points: 6,485, Level: 52 Points: 6,485, Level: 52
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 4 serious years, 1 meet
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Water
ONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
Teenagers POUND those things. It's unbelievable. I don't know that anything so derogertory to a young persons health has ever been so completely accepted. My wife teaches high school, and there are kids who show up every single morning with Monsters. They're 14 years old and already dependant.
It's honestly terrible. I know a guy that would be dropped off at school early every morning by his parents, and if I got there early enough, I'd always see him drinking his Monster. I tried to say how bad those things are for him, but he basically cut me off to say that for various 'insert melodramatic crap' reasons, he needs this to help him get going for the day. I just gave up and left him to it. He's a very stubborn person, and thinks he's bigger than he really is. The funny part was when he tried to use his being bigger than me as an excuse for why he needed these drinks to get up in the morning... when it was obvious he needed more sleep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Back in the day when we used donkeys... we had instant coffee made at home or nothing, much cheaper and a lot less per serving in terms of every ingredient. Nowadays, it tends to be like a tall smoothie but hot instead of with ice.

Kids up here have no respect for money, they are forever seen flinging 1s, 2s and 5s (pences) onto the ground; I sometimes wonder what their parents would think if they could see them.
I've developed a habit, that whenever I pass a vending machine I look in the change compartment. It's rare, but I find the odd quarter or loonie in there. As well, I've long had a habit of looking at the ground when I walk. Partially confidence and what not, but its reinforced by the dimes and nickels I find. I cannot count the number of times I've just had the money for something because I picked up a dime the day before.
"Choose to not to be a product of your environment, but rather a product of your desires."Kroc
Comp Lifts(lb/kg): Squat: 385/175 Bench: 231/105 Deadlift: 463/210 Best Lifts: Squat: 395/180 Bench: 250/113 Deadlift: 475/215
ONpump17 is offline   Reply With Quote