View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 11:43 AM   #3
Carl1174
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

A few suggestions mate;

It really is dependant how long she wants to be in the gym and what kind of exercises she likes doing, but I would definitely go along the 3 days per week full body route (or even 2 days of lifting weights and an extra day of cardio if she really wants to lose the fat).

Whichever routine she decieds then it should really include a Squat and pull from the floor and an over head press as a minimum.

She could try the John Christy 2 days per week routine (it could easily be tweaked if some of the exercises are not needed, like the barbell static holds etc...) its in the John Christy appreciation thread (full body section). i am running a bastardised version of it myself at the minute and it fits my hectic schedule really well as it is set up in an A/B style so i just hit the gym when i can and rotate the days meaning im not gonna over work anything, if i go three days a week i am also not gonna fry my CNS with doing too much, but its equally as good on 2 days a week.

There are also lots in the MAB Classic physique challenge thread (again in the full body section), they may look a little intimidating for her, but i know they work really well for beginners/intermediate men or women so think she do really well off one of those (the Reeves Classic is a very good routine).

like I say it is really dependant on what exercises she likes doing and what will fit her schedule.

hope this helps

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote