MC
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn
Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

The teacher in me thinks the entire workout section of that site (and many others) needs to be redesigned and things need to be renamed.

It makes more sense to me (from the perspective of reducing confusing for people new to training) to have workouts and training programs listed by what you either want to do (compete in strongman, PL meets, body-build, lose fat) or what you do (play sports, gain speed, maximize endurance, run triathlons) or even what you want to look like (fitness model, strong man competitor, bear) than the way they are now.

There also should be simple statements at the front of all training programs.

Things like:

1. If you want to be bigger than you are now, you have to get stronger than you are now (and eat a lot of food).

2. If you are big/overweight and want to get smaller than you are now, you are going to have to get stronger than you are now (and eat less/better food than you do now).

3. In order to be 190 pounds with 6-pack abs, you first have to be 215 pounds with a slight belly.

All the details and minutia can really overwhelm even people with some knowledge. I think of Palmer at the other site-- kid is working hard and busting his butt and making progress and every 2 weeks of so, he starts to over think himself based on all the chatter that goes on around this program versus that program. I think a lot of his confusion comes from the manner in which those with knowledge outline and deliver said information.

If we don't want new lifters confused, we need to speak more clearly and simply.