Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

The prospect of an actual meet invigorated my session this afternoon. Renewed prupose. What a tonic.

I also had a brief moment of despair. There's this one dude at the gym. I'll call him Tattoo Guy. His name is actually Mike. People call him "Big Mike," which is a misnomer, because there's another Mike (Black Mike) who is bigger than Big Mike, but no one wants to call him "Black Mike" (for obvious reasons). I'll just continue to call "Big Mike" Tattoo Guy (also for obvious reasons). Anyhoo, as I was catching my breath between squat sets, I noticed Tattoo Guy benching. He was moving some pretty serious weight. The most I had ever seen in person. I made a low whistle and shook my head. I did a quick calculation and said, "Oh, ****." He was benching for easy reps the same weight that almost killed me last week on deadlifts. I felt so small and insignificant.

Sunday, 5/22/11

Squat
45x5
145x5
165x5
190x5
215x5
245x5

BP
45x5*
90x5*
105x5*
120x5*
135x5*
155x5

* = I used a pause and pop style on my warm up sets. It really felt good and explosive. Hopefully it will bust me to a new 5RM in a couple of weeks. I intended to do the same on my max set, but it turned out to be more of a touch and go.

Chinups (palms facing me) 1/1/1/1/x (x = partial rep). Actually the first four sets were 1+ reps. I realize that if I had actuall lost five pounds instead of gaining five pounds the last two months, I might be repping out by now. **sigh**

Kroc Rows
Left
40x10
80 11/3/3/x

Right
40x10
80 12/3/2/x

Despite the discouragement of watching someone bench press what i deadlift, it was a very good session. The Testosterone was abundant in the room. Made for a great environment in which to workout.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote