View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 08:54 AM   #28
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
I didn't mean to say you were long winded BTB. I thought you stated the points the way I felt as well. After reading it again, it may not of come of the way I intended.

It may have just been easier to say, regarding your post,

"Yea! What he said".
I was long winded

This sort of nonsense really gets under my skin:

A) Because I know the marketing tactic. It's link bait shock marketing. And Boyle is a master at it. I don't like mixing e-book/huckster marketing BS with my training. It's agenda is cash. Mine is strength and muscle.

B) It lacks common sense.

C) Functional strength often involves crazy, silly exercises and dangerous training practices such as unstable training. It does not get any more irresponsible then doing squats or overhead presses on a stability ball.

D) Boyle - quite honestly - looks incredibly frail. Rippetoe looks like he chews tin cans. Simmons looks like he spits iron. Even Bob from the Biggest looks like he is strong with bodyweight exercises. I have serious doubts that Boyle has any degree of personal experience with any form of heavy squatting. Without the knowledge that comes from personal experience, his perspective is weakened.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 12-07-2009 at 08:56 AM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote