View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 05:55 PM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Never hesitate to ask a question, even if there is a sticky. There is a lot of info on the site.

Here are some threads I recommend:

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/nut...diet-help.html

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/nut...-bulk-cut.html

My plan....I have been eating bodybuilding style for nearly 24 years. I have cut more than a few times, though not to super shredded levels. So I don't proclaim to be an expert on cutting from 15 to 5% bodyfat. That said, the following is what works for me...

Bulking or cutting, my diet is:

Protein - 30 to 40 grams of protein every 2.5 to 3 hours. I don't get anal about grams. I try to eat a little more as opposed to a little less.

Fats - 20-30% of total calories. After I figure out about how many calories I am eating (about) from protein, I next try to make sure I am eating enough fat.

Carbs - After I factor in the above two macronutrients, I then use the remaining calories for carbs.

I don't personally count every calorie or gram, but keep things in a tight range. After eating like this for 24 years, I kind of know what I am eating and it's macro and calorie count, so I can eat a bit more loosely knowing I am close enough.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote