View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 10:49 PM   #28
xKyle10
Disciple of Casey Butt
Max Brawn
Points: 4,707, Level: 43 Points: 4,707, Level: 43 Points: 4,707, Level: 43
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

xKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributor

Nice topic. Whenever I put a plate in my heels it certainly feels easier to hit ATG and I feel it in the quads more, or at least used to. But then I began really watching videos of squat form of guys that know what they're doing and the issue stopped. All of the following squat barefoot/flat sole/vibrams I'm pretty sure none of them have an elevated heel. I'll post vids of their squats and quad development, as pictures/videos will be more exciting than words

Josh Hyaduck (Uses Vibrams)
(He's not big on taking videos, he used to swear by the hack squat/reverse hack squat and usually uses those for Sheiko):

Most recent pics (20+ weeks out from WNBF World's):

189.8 lbs

185.6 lbs

His log if interested: Josh Hyaduck: This is what legends are made of! - Bodybuilding.com Forums
(View his old thread for quad improvements, have come a LONG WAY in this offseason, he said he never used to take squats serious/rarely squatted and used machines, so that contributed a lot to the development)

Brett Freeman: About 5 Weeks out from the INBF Hercules (I think he squats in chucks)

Log(s): Team Striated Glutes: Paul and Bretts excellent adventure to the Pro Stage! - Bodybuilding.com Forums
sleestacks STFU & TRAIN log - Bodybuilding.com Forums

RJ Perkins: (Not sure of his contest plans...squats barefoot, I think?)

Log: Bodybuilding.com Forums - View Single Post - IFPA Pro RJ Perkins "Where One Journey Ends Another Begins"

Cohn Wolfe: 12 Weeks Out (Squats in Vibrams)

Log: Woofman81's first real contest prep and quest for a Natural Pro card. 24 weeks out! - Bodybuilding.com Forums

The vid that helped me the most was Rip's Hip Drive Vid:

Since using that for around a month, my squat form is basically a spitting image of RJ's
xKyle10 is offline   Reply With Quote