View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 05:16 PM   #359
Francisco
Uber Brawn
Points: 8,331, Level: 61 Points: 8,331, Level: 61 Points: 8,331, Level: 61
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Francisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributor

NEW WAY TO SQuat - MId-Range MOTION

Now that my knees are bothering me i have been trying to find new ways to hit my legs hard and save my knees. To make the story short last week I tested mid-rage squats and next day i was so sore that it was crazy! By midrange i mean not going all the way up at every rep...so the quads muscles are always in constant tension until the set is over

There is an important concept called Leght-tension relatioship. In summary it states that muscles have the lowest potential to generate force when they are either fully stretched or fully contracted. They generate the highest possible force in the middle halfway through the range of motion. and The more force you generate in this midrange, the more motor units you recruit...!!!!

This method is not gonna let me cheat and/or increase the weight too fast but its gonna trash my leg muscles without putting to much streess on my knees.

Later guys