View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 09:23 PM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

During college my vert went up nearly a foot from back squats.

I really didn't read his spiel. If it's for athletes...then, I know nothing about training for a sport. I do know that with heavy weight, my vert went through the rough and so did the ability to hit a baseball a mile

Maybe I am misunderstanding AC...are you saying muscular development isn't needed for athletes? If so, I can see dropping back squats. But I do not think there is a better exercise for increasing many aspects of sports, including the jumping ability.

I went from 6 inches shy of the rim to nearly dunking after one year of heavy squats.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 12-06-2009 at 09:26 PM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote