Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman025 View Post
great info.

exactly what i was looking for.
by "1rm" for the day. What would that be? your 1rm total (the most wieght you could possibly get). Or a lower that is just the goal of the day?

How is the progress from workout to workout? is it just by feel when you think you can bumo up or adding wieght every time.

I guess i will keep going with the 3x5, but i'd imagine (although not limiting myself to) i'm soon going to be running into progression progress, within the next 30-70 lbs.
A 1RM is the most weight that you can possibly get, you should keep very close track of these weights. A lot of doing singles is by feel, which is why it is for intermediates to advanced lifters.

I would figure out what your current 1RM is, and then in the next work out do 90% of that max and then go for a new max, which will have to be by feel. There is no reason to work up to your current max and then put more weight on, you will wear yourself out before you go for a new record. I made this mistake for a while.

AC gave you some great information here, I would agree that since you are a beginner you need more volume, but think of each as a one rep set, complete the weight and reset and hopefully you can keep your form. Keep working man, I hope this helps. Just my opinion.