View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 07:35 PM   #6
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by AthleteCreator View Post
I only roll with singles for bench and deadlift. I need to start doing it with squats pretty soon though.

It's a pretty cut and dry max effort template.

Start with a good warm up. Pick your next weight around 40-50% and do a couple reps. Increase the weight, do a couple more reps, and then start with your singles. Work all the way up until your 1RM for that day.

Then, drop the weight to about 75% and rep it out as many times as you can (I don't usually do this for deads though).

Now, being that your still a beginner, I don't think that's most effective for you. I think you still need more volume so I would keep you in the 3 to 5 rep range for multiple work sets, but with a reset between each rep.

That's my two cents.
great info.

exactly what i was looking for.
by "1rm" for the day. What would that be? your 1rm total (the most wieght you could possibly get). Or a lower that is just the goal of the day?

How is the progress from workout to workout? is it just by feel when you think you can bumo up or adding wieght every time.

I guess i will keep going with the 3x5, but i'd imagine (although not limiting myself to) i'm soon going to be running into progression progress, within the next 30-70 lbs.
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)