View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 04:17 PM   #4
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
Personally I do not see why you could not switch to lower reps, you could definitely do a 3x3 or something along those lines I see no problem with that. I do all of my heavy deadlifts as singles.

Its really up to you, but I think after a couple of reps I really start to lose my form.
My form is bad enough on my first rep and after that it really goes to hell. This is exactly why I want to do lower rep range stuff. I'll consider a 3x3 or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I am not a fan of multiple deadlift reps. But with that said, I don't push my belief. We all know our bodies, and PLENTY of strong men have performed muliple rep sets on the deadlift.

BUT, I see many, many multiple rep sets - if not most - where good form is lost after one rep.

If you want to do 2's or 3's, at least reset your form between each rep.

Kman, I have a challenge for you...last workout you did 15 reps with 285. Next time in the gym, I want you to do 20 singles with 285 in 10 minutes. After each single, rest only 15 seconds, take time and setup properly, then do another rep. Try this once. See how you like it.
I'm not a fan either.

I wil try that sometime, but i have to say i dont think i'll like it. I dont know if i could make myself keep going, or i may try to do it too fast and burn out too quickly.
I know it seems as simple as it gets, but i dont know how i'd like it... but sometime I will try it.

__________________________________________________ __________
How do people do singles? what i mean by this is how do you progress ect. Is it the same where you just add 5lbs each time. or what?

__________________________________________________ __________
currently i deadlift twice a week. Maybe what i could do is triples or singles 1 day and then what MAB (or btb, now that you changed your name) suggested the other day....?

thanks for the help guys
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)