With apelike velocity
Max Brawn
Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Heavy Duty
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Steak
IronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
I've been wondering about MP (military) press vs OH (overhead) press, and what exactly the distinction is?

I always thought that Military press required a standing position, and OH press typically uses a seated position... is this not the case?
Military Presses are done with your heels together (hence "military;" like you're standing at attention) and ZERO leg drive, leg movement, or any other body assistance beyond pushing straight up. You have to keep your body very rigid to do them properly (and man, do they ever humble you...) but they're great for your shoulders. A staple of many strongmen back in the 40's-60's. (though I prefer push-presses)

OHP is less strict; you still don't use leg drive, but your feet can be spaced out some. Just a straight press up in a standing position.

I'm going to say that not enough people do pull-ups; especially weighted.