MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

I agree with everyone, and BtB's plan is solid of course.

But frankly, if YOU don't think you're squatting enough, then by all means, squat away! Even on deadlift days. Just lower the upper weight to 80% or so, or do Front Squats like Ltl suggested, or OH squats even.

My personal opinion is that I think squatting is the most important thing you do with weights, and I also think deadlifting is the most taxing physically. So, from my standpoint you should sqaut every chance you get, and straight up deadlift hard only once every couple weeks, but you can certainly do some stiff deadlifts or other accesory deadlift stuff more often.

Now, if you really want to get crazy, add in some power cleans too. Get those fast twitch muscles on the program too. Just saying.

Just my .02 Hope that helps!

Keep crushing is the main thing. Everything else will fall into place as you move along your lifting journey.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote