Fat, Pale, Weak
Max Brawn
Points: 3,277, Level: 35 Points: 3,277, Level: 35 Points: 3,277, Level: 35
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Beer
austin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Welcome to the forum. What type of training approaches have you used for powerlifting?
I started doing a generic BB routine, then got serious about strength and started where every beginner should start, with starting strength. I did this for about 6 months, moved onto Bill Starr's 5X5 for about 14 months. I have had a touch of training ADD here lately, running a bastardized version of 5/3/1 that i customized to better fit to my strongman goals. I am still dialing in my training to better suit what I want to accomplish, but here is my current split.

Monday: OHP and acc.
Tuesday: Deadlift and Back plus acc.
Wednesday: Off, maybe light cardio
Thursday: Squat/front squat and quad acc.
Friday: light to moderate bench with tricep, bicep, and lat acc.
Saturday: event training-varies alot by what comps are coming up, where weak points are, etc
Sunday: Beer, sports, food, recovery.
austin.j.taylor is offline   Reply With Quote