View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 01:57 PM   #4
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post

I really enjoyed Mentzer's writing back in the day because it was unusual compared to so much of the same old bodybuilding talk, but this tendency to take things to the extreme...don't care for it.
I agree with this.

I was a teenager when Mentzer first made a splash. At that age, he seemed like a genius to me too. He wrote, and spoke, as if he had a monopoly on logic and reasoning ability. I totally bought that at 18 years of age, especially as he was throwing in bits and pieces from Ayn Rand and Nietzsche, which struck me as the height of intellectual achievement.

He was undoubtedly a bright guy, and I still admire him, but he never really grasped that research doesn't necessarily back up the premisses to his arguments.

Great physique as well.
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote