View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 10:51 AM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

For bodybuilders I would recommend BCAAs during the underfeeding window. I also think you should be taking something like carb-less whey every couple of hours. That is what I do, and I maintain mass.

I have been using this eating style for 3 years and 400 cals + BCAAs during underfeeding works well for me.

I haven't read Leangains, but I have read other authorities on the topics (Ori Hofmekler and Iron Addict). Ori recommends protein during the underfeeding and IA at least BCAAs.

For fat loss it is incredible. Best system I have found, especially for big night eaters. I ran a 2 month experiment with only 100 cals of protein in the underfeeding and lose 48 pounds, 7 of it muscle.

For anyone post-super hormones (early 20's), I would definitely add in carb-free whey and BCAAs. My opinion, but a strong one. Mileage may vary.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote