View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 07:35 PM   #7
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

While a lot of people get all noisy, and put on a big bravado show before a heavy lift, I'm just the opposite.

I stay fairly quiet, and contain my energy. I generally have a damn good idea that I can make a lift i'm going to make. Since I work out alone, I don't generally stray to far from known waters.

During the course of any normal session, I'm in a happy place. I tend to have a bit of a dialogue with the bar. The bar is my friend, and a tool that is helping me to get better. I don't see the bar as an enemy to be conquered. It is the means by which I work.

I used to have music playing, but lately, I like it quiet, and I like to be alone with my thoughts. I hate being interrupted, it takes me out of my zone.

I don't spend a lot of time contemplating a set. I simply load the plates, and do the work. I talk to myself if I'm having a struggle, "give me one more" "rack it, and rest pause those last two reps." "Thats enough for today."

I need that time with the bar. It is my time to clear my head, and let all of my stress subside. Sadly, I'mnot getting enough of that time right now, and I really need it. I'm as stressed right now, as I have been at any point in my life. I tried to lift today, but with only about 8 hours sleep in the last two days, 115lbs felt like 1000. Tomorrow I hope to feel better, and put in a real session.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote