View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 10:11 AM   #6
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl1174 View Post
OK so i have changed my routine a little to try to include both the Olympic lifts AND all the exercises i have been missing (like Inc Bench, BB Rows, CGBP etc etc), I dont know however, whether trying to get all my favourite exercises in has knackered the program completely or not.

I've been continuing to work on putting this type of program together.

There are 3 movements you need to concentrate on.

Pulling moves
Squatting moves
Pressing moves

Keep these three aspects as your primary moves, and build off of them.

You are going to have to make some sacrifices in some of the movements, but I still think there is enough variety to keep you from getting bored.

I would only bench once per week. You will need to think of the bench as an extra move. Standing front pressing, and Dips are all you need for your chest. Benching is counterproductive to the shoulder flexability you need.

I would only back squat once per week, and no more than a 5x5.

Make front squats your primary squat move.
Change your thought process about deadlifting. DON"T deadlift with a powerlifter mentality. Drop the weight, and just work the movement with the intent of getting better at the pull itself. Work the move with a snatch width grip. This will force you to lower the weight, and build the muscles needed.

The oly lifts are going to be hitting your body hard, but a little extra pulling work can still be done.

The incline presses you missed should be skipped. Do standing front pressing. This will still hit your upper chest. Think of Front pressing as your heavy move, and BHNP pressing as your light move. DIPS are your main chest move. Go to a weighted dip at this point if you feel you need the strength aspect.

In case you don't have it. This was another version of the Eder we talked about. These are three day programs, but if you want to stick with a 4 day we can work that out as well.

I'll be around later today, and tomorrow. Got stuff to get done today but will be back later.

Mon
cleans 5x3 w push press
squats 5x5-8
DB rows 3x5-8 or chins
BHNP snatch grip 3x8-10
bench 5x5-8
BB calf raise 3x15-20

Wed
Snatch grip high pulls 5x3
Overhead squats 5x5-8
DL 3x5
Front pressing 3x5-8