Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
Hey all. New journaler here.

A bit of background:

May 17th, 2009: I weighed 264lbs. I was heavily medicated for Diabetes and High Blood Pressure. Saw myself in the mirror for what felt like the first time in a long time. I was appalled. I decided to make a change. I am currently 180lbs (up from a low of 170lbs). I am in the process of trying to drop about 8lbs of BF through a strict diet and consistent training.

I train 3 days a week (full body) and do cardio on two of the other days, and off the other two days. I am in the middle of a 5 week routine, and I am unsure if I will keep it after 5 weeks, or go to some type of split. I will re-assess in 2.5 weeks.

I look forward to posting my journal here, and getting some feedback if you see something that looks out of sorts.

Here is what I did today.

Wednesday 05/11/2011 Workout B

Weight today 180

Time in: 0415
Time out: 0540

Squats:
3 x 175 x 10

Calves: Seated
4 x 150 x 12

Reverse grip Bench press (supersetted with LPD)
3 x 125 x 10

Lat Pull Down (wide grip)
3 x 115 x 10

Seated Cable Rows (supersetted with OHP)
3 x 165 x 10

Reverse grip Overhead press: (jury is still out on these)
3 x 65 x 10

Shrugs
3 x 255 x 10

SLDL
3 x 205 x 10

Close grip decline BP
3 x 125 x 10

BB curls
3 x 75 x 10

Had a good one today. Nothing out of the ordinary, except this…I feel like I am consistently giving all I have on every set, with every rep. That for me is much more important than having a good set here and there, which is sometimes how I used to measure my effort. I feel like I am very connected to my program right now. I will take that as a bigger sign of my progress than anything else right now. Consistency, with a mindset of feeling every rep, is driving me further into this game than anything else right now.

Have a great day everyone. Lift heavy. ☺
My momma lifts more than that! You can do better than this, get with it!

Seriously, good job Craig. I was wondering about the reverse grip stuff. Not sure I could handle it right now.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR
Total - 886 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote