Old 05-09-2011, 10:07 AM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

This is the quote that struck a chord with me:

Quote:
instead these people need 100 different ways to do a simple exercise, a nutrition plan accurate to the nearest 1 calorie (not Kcal, calorie), and yet they will then half ass it
Day in and day out I see questions from guys that either want to question everything or want to tweak everything. They fear that precision, as they see it, must be infused into every system or it will fail.

This "precision" might be 16 sets for biceps.
This "precision" might be a burnout set at the end of every exercise.
This "precision" might be the adding of 3 ab days, and direct work for traps and forearms.
This "precision" might be a chest workout that includes a flat bench, incline and decline movement.

I am not hammering on anyone's beliefs here. Do what you want. I don't care. But if you are not making progress or experiencing results, then stop trying to change everything based off some study or article.

Keep it simple and learn the fundamentals. Without the fundamentals nothing works.

/The end.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote