View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 11:04 PM   #4
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Kman, I just have 3 things to say:

1) Form will come will desire. Keep pushing and you'll get there. There are guys deadlifting 600 natural with crappy form.
2) You would do better then you think in a powerlifting meet, even right now. At your age and weight, some world raw natural records are in the high 1100's. That seems like a mile away, but it's not. In a year to 18 months, you could be one of the best on the platform.
3) I know you can do it. You are motivated. Just remember that nothing is more important then motivation and drive.
Thanks a lot man.

This site is great. Since everyone at my gym is the db, pec dec (yes i did these last workout), nonstop curling douche bags it is hard to get help. I wish i had some people to lift with, who could help me with form and make friendly competition.

As a younger kid i always had older friends who were the best at all the sports and playing with them i got so much better, i wish i had this only in wieght lifitng.

Right now i feel like i could really do a lot. I'm only a sophmore so i got two years to go of HS and by the time i'm a senior who knows what i could do.

1) yeah i'm at least making small improvements each time. Actually a day before you posted that layne norton vid on here, i watched a bunch of his other vids. He has pretty shitty form in some of them, BUT HE'S A BEAST! you got to think that good form would make these lifts even better...???
2)yeah a year is a good time frame to set goals for. With good training and hard work i can surpass some of the guys who could be good, but are sidetracked by curls and shitty training, although theres always the guys like this senior at my school who squats 500+ just following the schools shitty training(hes a local football standout).
3)thanks a lot. I'll keep you posted and try to keep the motivation i have now.
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)