View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 08:51 AM   #14
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by embrance View Post
I tried it...first day.Couldnt even complete it! Failed at BP and thereafter.
This is not an uncommon issue for a lot of people. You have made a classic mistake in starting this program. You're not the first, and won't be the last person to make this mistake.

In the instructions for the Reeves, it is written that you should start with a light weight of about 50% of your known max, or current working sets. In your first post you said you were going to start at a medium weight.

It is written several times that you must not let your ego get in the way of working this program. Drop your weights, and work into the program gradually. Especially the aspect of working the presses before the bench.

Quote:
Even though I am speed kinda guy,with better maximal strength,my endurance sucks as does my cardio.
This will improve, just give it some time.

Quote:
Anyway, I will try it again in two day,and I had to lower the weight a lot, like 30 lbs in some cases to even be able to do 8 reps...
This is covered in the instructions, and your experience is why it talked about.

You must drop the weight that you have been using. 50% is about right to start at. You will be surprised by how hard the end of the week session is as compared to the first session even at these reduced weights.

The program does work, but you need to walk into it, and not try to jump into it full force. Going too heavy too soon, and you will fail! It is not even that you might fail, you will fail unless you work into the prgram gradually.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote