SFHW = Win
Max Brawn
Points: 5,197, Level: 46 Points: 5,197, Level: 46 Points: 5,197, Level: 46
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 1-2
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Kettlebells, for now
Fav Supp: XTend
Aurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributor

Grigory,

In order to select a workout, you need to consider a few things:
-- What is my general experience level?
-- What are my goals? Do I want to get big(ger), strong(ger), lean(er), (more) ripped, etc? Those goals are not necessarily mutually exclusive, but, for example, it's VERY hard to get bigger and leaner at the same time.
-- What kinds of equipment do you have access to, and what is your general comfort level with them?
-- How many days per week can you dedicate to training? 3-4 days is generally ideal. There are some good 2 day programs and a handful of 5 day progarms, but going much fewer than 2 days/week or more than 5 days/week on the weights is generally not going to give you the same kind of results as 3-4 days/week. Your mileage may vary on this depending on how quickly you recover.

If you are a novice or beginner, my first recommendation is NOT to try to create your own program -- you don't have enough experience with the weights and with how your body reacts to them to make an effective program. If you are in this category, then you should definitely either pick a published novice program, or work with someone with a lot more experience to make yourself a novice program. If you're a bit more experienced, then you can probably take an existing program and tailor it to your needs, but remember that those programs usually used those exercises and set selections for a reason, so don't go swapping out, say, barbell rows for barbell curls just because you don't like the rows. Make sure any changes you make are fairly well reasoned out.

I hope this at least helps you get moving in the right direction.
Aurik is offline   Reply With Quote